8.19.2013

Missionary Mail!

So I received my first e-mail from Elder Rhoton today! I couldn't even help but burst into tears! He is doing wonderful, in fact he was made Zone leader already at the MTC and it has only been six days! I am so proud of him and cannot WAIT to get out there and serve just like him! He is such a huge blessing and example to me and I am so thankful for him.

On that note! I have started working on Spencers first 'Missionary Mail Package.' Apparently the new missionaries in the MTC are refereed to as 'greenies' so i filled it full of green treats, snacks and other shenanigans for him to enjoy while he is staying in the MTC. And of course i had to have an inspirational, scriptural theme to go with it so i based it off of a vinyl I've had sitting in my room forever.

"Stand ye in holy places and be not moved."

I decorated the inside of the box with maps (thanks to google maps and google earth screen shotting!) and pinpointed locations around St. George where we went on our first dates and other fun activities we've spent time doing over the past three years!

I absolutely love having a missionary. Even though it is difficult at times I know he will be so blessed for the work he is doing. He is such an obedient servant for our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ and I am so excited to hear all about the work he will be doing. And it's even cooler that I am receiving my call this week so he can give me a heads up on what is about to come for me. Does it get any cooler than that?!?! We get to experience the whole mission thing at the same time! I couldn't imagine a better adventure. Of course i miss his face, but spence is already becoming such a great man and instrument in Gods hands. Can't wait 'til its my turn! (:





No comments:

Post a Comment