5.25.2015

Everything Is One Big Encompassing Word








































Mom

Hahaha sooooo 
My friend Shawdae gave me a dread lock this week.
Yes let me repeat that statement. 
Her name is "Shawdae"
She gave me a dread lock.
CLASSIC Mt Vernon experience.

Also did you know bed bugs are a real thing? And I have them?
My legs have been eaten alive, it looks like I have leprosy. 

Don't worry we bought mattress covers and I got a new mattress because Sister Stewart stabbed mine with a knife in search of bed bugs *smh* I guess we have to capture one as evidence to give to our land owners so they will spray our apartment. We have caught like six. 

<side note: I'm so stoked to sleep in my own clean bed at home. Hopefully I don't bring diseases home with me. Like I still live in America why am I not living in luxury hulloooo. Jk>

For preparation day this week our zone played sand volleyball at Fort Hunt.
It got me so stoked for summer time.
We get transfer calls tomorrow and I literally have no idea if I'll get transferred or not
Because I only have one more transfer. But hold mail. Because....
#shenandoah.
I could go back there, there's still a chance for me. 

I really would rather just stay I think. It would be easier. But it is what it is.
And I'll take it. Either way I'll be home in six weeks. Hahaha.

Our mission is doing this countdown thing with goals and Blah blah blah that
President put together. But it's funny because the countdown is counting down
to the day the Riggs leave and we have a full mission conference which is also
The day I leave. So basically our entire mission has a TRUNKY countdown for
me. Lolz. Forty five days left.

That's practically nothing.

This past week we had MLC, a half mission conference, and we went to the temple with BARBARA and the young women. So there was a lot of driving involved. Yippee. I saw Sister Wathen again at the DC Visitor Center we went to high school together, she's also in our stake. 

Sunday confirmations
We're awesome and extraordinary.

Honestly like....

I'm so grateful for Fort Belvoir. Fort Belvoir literally opened my eyes to a whole new world. A whole new paradigm. I've been so incredibly blessed here to meet some amazing people. Both the people we teach and people I work with. I also feel like I've come to know God better here in Fort Belvoir. 

There have been so many instances where I have had to simply align my will with Gods will and rely on him for blessings and miracles. And he has definitely provided for us. I never knew you could be so happy in such stressful situations. But truly you can when you turn your life over to the Lord and rely on him. 

I've learned that
TRUE FAITH IN JESUS CHRIST 
IS NOT PUTTING UP BARRIERS 
FOR WHAT HE CAN 
AND CAN NOT DO.


In Mission Leadership Council we were reading in Alma 26. And I love the verses that say


"I do not boast in my own strength, nor in my own wisdom; 
but behold, my joy is full, yea, my heart is brim with joy, 
and I will rejoice in my God.



I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; 
therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, 
for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles 
we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever."



Everything I have
Everything I am
Everything is one big encompassing word.
And I owe everything to God!

We all do. We are all blessed in different and unique ways and those blessings come from God.


President was practice teaching and the question arose about God not being able to fix this girls problems and change her life. So President lifted up his hand and said, "this is my fingernail. Who made it?" She said well, God. And then he said this, is my hand. Who made it? God. Could you make this? No she said. I think these are pretty miraculous creations. And if God can create us, why would he not be able to change us?

It's so powerful knowing that our God can do anything
Do you really believe that?
Because I would think that if everyone knew that,
That God can do ANYTHING
We would all be on his side. We would all be devoting our lives to God.

So what is stopping us?
Everything we have and everything we are is from God.
Everything we struggle with and everything we need, can be helped by God.

President ended MLC with his testimony and it was pretty powerful at the end he said something to the effect of 



"Things are going to be okay and things are going to work out in Gods timing. 
Just give yourself to God and you will be blessed. It won't be easier.
But you will be blessed. Sometimes trials are blessings. 
Embrace them and allow God to teach you." ~President 



As much as I dislike eight hour meetings
I kind of love eight hour meetings.

Well.


I wish I had some great uplifting thought to share with you all right now but all I can think about is my homecoming talk that I've been writing and it's a secret so blah. My mind is blank. I can't BELIEVE MY MISSION IS COMING TO AN END. 

I CANT BELIEVE I ONLY HAVE ONE TRANSFER. I CAN'T BELIEVE IT'S ALREADY BEEN EIGHTEEN MONTHS. I CAN'T BELIEVE HOW MUCH WE WERE ABLE TO FIT INTO EIGHTEEN MONTHS. I CAN'T BELIEVE I CAN ACTUALLY WEAR PANTS IN GROCERY STORES AND DRIVE A CAR BY MYSELF IN SIX WEEKS. 

basically the world is ending.

I'm going to miss Josh and Barbara and Sister Sammy Stewart if I leave this place guys.

I think all my concerns I already voiced to you on skype so
I hope you all have a lovely day.

Love you! love you! love you!


Sister Stucki 
May 11, 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment